Are you looking for ways to enrich your child’s learning experience and foster a love for nature? Consider incorporating nature study into your family’s routine! I put together a nature study handbook to help you get started on your journey.
This post contains affiliate links, see my disclosure policy for more information.
Nature Study Handbook to Get You Started
By spending time outdoors, observing and interacting with the natural world, children can develop a deeper appreciation for their environment and gain a better understanding of the world around them.
To help you get started with nature study, we’ve put together a free “Nature Study Handbook” for parents, which includes tips and activities to make the most of your time outdoors with your child.
Nature study provides a wealth of hands-on learning opportunities that can enhance a child’s understanding of various subjects, from science to history. By observing and interacting with the natural world, children can learn about plant and animal life cycles, geology, weather patterns, and more.
Incorporating nature study into your family’s routine doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming. Our free “Nature Study Handbook” for parents provides simple and fun activities that you can do with your child, whether you have a backyard or access to a local park or nature preserve.
Basics to Get Started
1. Plan your Study: Decide on the area you want to study and plan a schedule that fits your lifestyle.
2. Gather Materials: Get notebooks, pencils, and any other materials you need for your study.
3. Observe and Record: Record your observations, take photos, and collect samples to study later.
4. Research: Learn more about the plants and animals you are studying through books, articles, and online resources.
5. Share your Findings: Share what you’ve learned and your observations with others, whether it’s through a blog, social media, or simply talking to friends and family.
Sign up below to get your free copy of our Nature Study Handbook to help you get started. It includes some project ideas and craft ideas.