Are you looking for a fun and creative way to get your kids outside and explore nature? Look no further than these 20 nature drawing prompts for kids! Whether you have a budding artist in the family or just want to encourage your child’s creativity, these prompts are a great way to inspire them to observe and appreciate the natural world around them.
This post contains affiliate links, see my disclosure policy for more information.
20 Nature Drawing Prompts for Kids
Drawing prompts can be a fun and effective way to improve your skills, explore new ideas, and stay motivated. Whether you’re a seasoned artist or just starting out, there’s something for everyone when it comes to drawing prompts. So why not give them a try?
Hopefully, this list of drawing prompts has inspired you to take your kids outside and pick up your pen, pencil, or brush along with your kids, and start creating.
Don’t forget to have fun and experiment with new ideas! The best way to encourage your kids to draw and create is to let them see you role-modeling that behavior. Want readers? Let them see you reading, it works, I have 3 readers! 😉
If you’re interested in using drawing prompts, here are some tips to help you get started:
- Set a time limit: Give your kids a specific amount of time to work on each drawing prompt. This will help them stay focused and avoid getting bogged down in details.
- Experiment with different styles and mediums: Don’t be afraid to try new things! Use drawing prompts as an opportunity to experiment with different styles, mediums, and techniques.
- Revisit old prompts: If you’re feeling stuck or uninspired, try revisiting an old drawing prompt and see if you can come up with a new idea or approach.
- Don’t rush through all the prompts. Do one a day, one a week, or whatever works for your family.
20 Nature Drawing Prompts
- Draw a picture of your favorite flower.
- Draw a picture of a butterfly with its wings open.
- Draw a picture of a bird sitting on a tree branch.
- Draw a picture of a ladybug crawling on a leaf.
- Draw a picture of a snail crawling on a rock.
- Draw a picture of a bee flying from flower to flower.
- Draw a picture of a tree in the fall with colorful leaves.
- Draw a picture of a fish swimming in a pond.
- Draw a picture of a squirrel climbing a tree.
- Draw a picture of a frog sitting on a lily pad.
- Draw a picture of a caterpillar crawling on a twig.
- Draw a picture of a spider spinning a web.
- Draw a picture of a mushroom growing on the forest floor.
- Draw a picture of a deer standing in a field.
- Draw a picture of a river flowing through a valley.
- Draw a picture of a rainbow after a rainstorm.
- Draw a picture of a starry night sky.
- Draw a picture of a sunflower facing the sun.
- Draw a picture of a snowman in a winter wonderland.
- Draw a picture of a campfire in the woods.
Ignite your child’s creativity and love for the great outdoors with our Nature Drawing Prompt Pages. Designed to inspire young artists, these pages are the perfect tool for fostering a deep connection to the natural world while honing artistic skills.
Want a printable version of this list? Sign up below and get it, along with many other freebies.